Applications for this role are closed.
We also respond to each shortlisted candidate personally and aim to give meaningful feedback that helps them.
While we published the job ad for this role on our website, we did not end up actively promoting in on any additional channels. A freelance designer we've been working with expressed interest in the role and after detailed discussions and interviews with our management team, we were confident it was the perfect fit (skills, values and culture). Don't you just love it when stars align?
How many people went through each stage:
The applicants that stood out:
- They had an impressive portfolio with experience in brand design, website design and digital content
- They're confident when it comes to presenting back concepts and designs
- They're passionate about using their skills for good
- They're collaborative in their approach, flexible and is eager to continue learning and developing new skills
- Designer (Mid) - $80 - 105k package
- Designer (Senior) - $105 - 125k package
Victoria, co-work at Melbourne CBD
We work remotely and once a week we meet-up at our co-working office Hub Southern Cross for a bit of human interaction :)
We also support team members who want to work overseas for a couple of weeks or months at time.
(9 day fortnight*)
*Optional: we do the same amount of hours over a fortnight, but take every 2nd Friday off.
About the role
As a Designer, you’ll be creating and evolving brand design systems, designing websites and creating content for digital channels. You’ll consider the brand, their goals and audiences to create distinct designs that work across different formats; emails, blogs, social media, videos, scripts, brand documents, website, case studies. You’ll be participating in workshops with clients to understand their ideas and needs, as well as presenting back your concepts and designs.
While you focus on Design, you’ll collaborate with our core team who’ll help manage the client, create engaging copy, identify technical requirements, build and integrate (for websites). If you’d like to lean into any of those areas we’d be more than happy to make that work for you.
For this role we’re seeking a Designer with 3 or more years experience developing brands, websites and brand assets.
If you were here last month you could've been involved in.
- Participated in a client workshop to gather ideas and design inspiration for the upcoming website we’re designing for a client in the sustainable architecture & building industry.
- Creating templates, visuals and animations with our content team to create an engaging email and social content calendar for a client who advocates for the climate technology industry
- On Tuesdays you co-worked with the team at the Hub Southern Cross. You joined a couple of the team to head to lunch at the local Japanese restaurant to discuss the Ted Lasso S3 finale and which one of the team busked on Bourke Street over the weekend.
- You joined our Monthly Impact Update where you heard about the month that was. The team celebrated each team member’s “greatest hits”, wins, learnings, and you heard a transparent overview of how we’re tracking financially. We reviewed our strategic goals, projects & reflected on what we should start, stop and continue doing. You heard about details on two pieces of client work the team were particularly proud of.
- You collaborated with Simon creating an investor pitch deck and capital raise document for a client who’s raising $2M to unlock the next phase of their innovation waste-to-energy technology
- Sarah and you worked together on the layout for a wireframe for a tourism destination in regional Victoria who are elevating indigenous and female stories from our history
- You designed a new eCom platform we’re building on Shopify for one of Australia’s most successful locally designed footwear brands
- You helped the team create a suite of Canva templates to help the content team create engaging social posts
- You attended your fortnightly self-development and coaching session with your manager and walked away with clear feedback on areas you’re thriving in, areas for improvement and goals to work on
- You worked with Becky bringing to life the visual ID for not-for-profit WIRE, progressing their logo, colours, typography, photography treatments, brand devices. You applied these into example collateral mockups to bring it to life for the client meeting.
Projects you could’ve been involved in
Be curious and creative
You’re a proactive self-learner with an understanding of how good design can bring out the best in a brand. You have a hunger for staying across the latest brand, design and content trends, and can translate your findings into your creative work to deliver on brand goals. You’re committed to continuous improvement, open to experimenting with new tools and skill building. You know how to ask client’s the right questions to tell a story and create engaging brand experiences.
Be strategic and act
You love memorable brands that gives strong looks and big feels. We know how to meld industry best practice with the magic of our client’s brand to create and implement a kick-butt brand experience. You have a ‘test and learn’ mentality to brand design, getting a brand to a better place to get in-market feedback. You’re passionate about empowering clients with user-friendly visual ID’s, templates, decks and digital assets they can sink their teeth into.
Play smart and lean
You are organised and detail-oriented, and are comfortable in an online environment. You manage your time well and can keep a few plates spinning by prioritising the tasks you have on the go. You know how to use (or open to learning) tools like G Drive, Slack, Canva and Figma to maximise efficiency, and always stay solution-focused, finding creative - and sometimes scrappy - ways to solve problems.
Use business for good
You are passionate about the role business can play to be a force for good and want to be surrounded by people who feel the same and made it their life’s work!
Learn more about working at Harvey
We like tools that make work better & easier
So we can collaborate internally, with clients and bring in partners - so we can have fewer meetings.
Recent projects the team have delivered
Here’s some of the work we’ve done in the last 6 months that you would’ve been involved in.
We are B Corp Certified
From the clients we work with to the suppliers we choose, we try to generate as much positive impact as possible.
An open, understanding and empowering culture
We try to strike a balance of structured vs. adaptive culture.
Good humans to work with
Folks with a fire in their belly and their eyes set on creating change for people and the planet
Made it this far?
Research indicates that women, gender-diverse and underrepresented people may have already talked themselves out of applying. Even if you don’t tick every box we encourage you to get in touch.
Our team have diverse experiences and perspectives from our varied backgrounds, some growing up outside Australia, some self taught, some tertiary educated - we recognise this as a strength, a super power to solve difficult problems in new, smart and impactful ways.